The past 2 weeks have been big. I started my new job and a new life in London. Yep, that’s right. I’ve cast away from my Northern roots in search of exiting new things in the most cosmopolitan city in the world. Lots of my Uni friends are already living in London, but the biggest sacrilege about them (and many other Londoners) is that they don’t make the most of the city they’re in. It’s easy to get swept up in the working world of London, to the point where you forget about all of the incredible things to see and do on your doorstep. At an attempt not to fall down this rabbit whole, I intend to ‘Live Like a Tourist’ whilst in London. Weekends will be filled with mini adventures and evenings will be full of new discoveries (budget permitting). So I present to you, my London bucket list.
It seems the typical professional London resident works their ass off Monday to Friday, gets drunk on a weekend (and a Thursday) and does it all over again without doing anything unique to London. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with this. I love letting my hair down on a Friday night as much as the next 23 year old. But I’m going to make it my mission to make the most of London, by doing and seeing things that the city is famous for. And I’m dragging my friends along with me. So I decided to write a London bucket list, full of things unique to London and that make it the amazing city it is.
So ladies and gentleman, I bring you, my very own ‘Live Like A Tourist’ London bucket list. When I tick something off the list I’ll blog about it on The Travelista and link from this page. Here it is!
– Go for a curry on Brick Lane – DONE
– Have a homemade picnic in Hyde Park – DONE
–Fly over London in a Helicopter – DONE
– Go for a meal in pitch black at Dans le Noir
-Go on a London Ghost Tour
– See Book of Mormon in the West End – DONE
– Have a fancy meal at the top of the Shard – DONE
– Go to Buckingham Palace
– Go to Kensington Palace – DONE
– Go for a morning run along the Southbank
– Watch a film in an open-air cinema – DONE
– Ride home in a rickshaw from Soho – DONE
– See A List celebs attend a red carpet premiere – DONE
– Find the best Lebanese restaurant in town – DONE
– Visit London Zoo – DONE
-Splash out on amazing sushi – DONE
– Walk across the top of the O2 Arena
– Go for dinner at Burger and Lobster – DONE
– Go to a salsa dancing club and take salsa lessons
–Visit The Ritz – DONE
– See the ballet at the Royal Opera House
-Go to a speakeasy bar – DONE
– Spend the night in a jazz club
– Watch a burlesque show in Soho- DONE
– Check in to a London Hotel for the night – DONE
– Go to the roller disco in Vauxhall
– Enjoy a free day out at the V&A Museum and the Natural History Museum – DONE
– Take an exotic cookery class – DONE
What do you think of my London bucket list? Is there anything I’ve missed off that you think I have to include? Comment on the box below and I will add them to my list!