A Close Encounter with Malaysian Monkeys on Langkawi Island

One of the most memorable parts of my latest trip to Malaysia was the vast amount of wildlife I got to see. Bats, sting rays, barracuda, eagles, pythons and birds all made up part of the trip, but the main highlight for me was the monkeys. I had the rare opportunity to capture these beautiful animals close up on camera and am so chuffed with the photos that I wanted to give them their very own blog post!

We stumbled across this pack of monkeys after walking out of a bat cave during our mangrove river boat tour with Langkawi Nature.  I have never been so close to monkeys in my life and it was absolutely fascinating to watch time grooming each other on the trees and generally just chilling out. They weren’t phased by humans at all and were obviously very used to it because of the tourist crowds. We were told to hold on tight to our belongings as they are notorious for snatching valuables out of your hand. I took these photos with a firm grip!

DSC_0426

DSC_0423

DSC_0422

DSC_0418

DSC_0416

What do you think of my monkey shots? Please leave me a comment in the box below! x

This tour was provided complimentary by Langkawi-Nature as part of my blogger press trip with Malaysia AirlinesThe Danna Hotel Langkawi and The Banjaran Hotel Ipoh.

Share:

11 Comments

1. 11th November 2014 / 7:09 pm

Wait till you visit Africa, the wildlife just blows your mind! Monkeys are so naughty, we had so much stuff get pinched when I was travelling through Africa as they were super fast (especially when you’re hung over!) xx

• 12th November 2014 / 3:29 pm

Wow really? Sounds amazing, but what did they pinch? Note to self*** Never visit monkeys or African wildlife when hungover! Thanks Kelly 🙂 x

2. 11th November 2014 / 2:17 pm

Too cute! You’re lucky they were being good as the naughty monkeys at the zoo where I volunteer often try to pinch food out of people’s bags and even a few iPhones have been stolen haha!

• 12th November 2014 / 3:28 pm

Haha typical monkey behaviour then! I was so scared of loosing my camera or of one jumping on my head! (traumatised from when this happened when I was about 6 on Gibraltar!) xx

• 11th November 2014 / 9:18 am

Hi Emily, thank you for your lovely comment! These weren’t in a monkey sanctuary they were actually completely wild, which made it even more amazing! There are plenty of sanctuaries you can visit though, although wild is the real deal 🙂 Please keep reading x

3. 11th November 2014 / 12:05 am

This is so going on my list when I visit Malaysia next year.

Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

• 11th November 2014 / 9:17 am

Hi Leonie 🙂 Thanks for your comment. Yes it’s such an amazing and diverse day trip, you see so much nature, wildlife and scenery in one day, and it’s great value for money too. Langkawi Nature were fab. xx

4. 10th November 2014 / 8:20 pm

Very cute! We went to a monkey sanctuary in Bali and loved seeing all the little guys playing!

• 10th November 2014 / 8:23 pm

Hi! Thanks for your comment. It’s so amazing isn’t it! I had no idea how tame they could be. They didn’t bat an eyelid. Still clung on to my camera though 🙂